Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of conditions
- Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
Restrictions on entry
Entry is open only to West Australian residents aged 18 years or over and must hold a current valid Australian driver's license (Eligible Entrants).
Directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this competition are excluded from entering this competition.
Duration of competition
- The competition begins at 9.00am (AWST) on 21 December 2018 and closes 9.00am (AWST) on 18 February, 2019. (Competition Period)
Method of entry
- To enter, simply fill in the entry form at www.mazdamargaretriverready.com.au
Cost of entry
- Entrants are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the internet to enter the competition. There is no other cost involved in entering the competition.
- Entrants can only enter the competition once (1) per person. All entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter's database and not at the time of submission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, or claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications networks or lines and is not liable for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified.
- Competition draw will take place at 12pm (AWST) 7 March 2019 at the Promoter's office, U9/51-53 Kewdale Road, Kewdale WA 6105. Winner (1) will be drawn at random using a number generator.
- There is one (1) prize to be won. Prize winner will receive use of a Mazda CX-8 for 4 days, three (3) nights accommodation in Margaret River (subject to availability) up to the value of $1,000, plus $2,000 spending money (AUD cash) to use at their own discretion. Prize must be used by 30 June 2019.
All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, flights, additional taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner, as incurred. The pick-up and drop off of the Mazda CX-8 vehicle will be the responsibility of the winner and the vehicle will be located at the Promoter's office (U9/51-53 Kewdale Road, Kewdale WA 6105). The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share a prize. If you or another prize participant cannot attend an event awarded as part of a prize on the date and time chosen, the Promoter will not be liable. The prize is subject to any additional terms and conditions specified by the prize supplier/s.
- Collection of the prize including any associated costs is the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize winners must, at the Promoter's request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material.
- The prize is valued up to $3,000 (incl. GST).
Exclusion of liability
The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies, will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage or delay in transit to prizes.
Facebook and Social Media sites
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook and/or any other social media site(s). The competition however, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
Notification of winners
- The winner will be notified by phone and in writing by 9 March 2019 The winner's name may be published on their website. Full address details of the winner will not be published.
- The Promoter may require the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of a current and valid 'full' Australian driver's license and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion.
Disqualification of entries
If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with paragraph 7, subject to the written direction of any relevant authority. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to the matter.
The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Changes in prize value
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
Problems affecting competition
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required.
Unclaimed prize draw
- In the event of the prize not being accepted or claimed by 9:00am (AWST) on 8 March 2019 that winner's entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the prize as they see fit.
- All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may disclose entrants' personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory gaming authorities and winners' names may be published as required under the relevant legislation. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter at the below address (paragraph 23).
The entrant consents to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter's database and the Promoter may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding the Promoter's products including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging.
- The Promoter is Mazda Australia Pty Limited, ABN 78 004 690 804, of 211A Wellington Rd Mulgrave, VIC 3170